At the Applied Moral Psychology Lab at University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs, our research involves novel applications of moral psychology findings and basic research on moral cognition. Our questions and collaborators stem from cognitive science, philosophy, social, political, and moral psychology, organizational behavior, and the psychology of language.
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Description: The Applied Moral Psychology lab (PI: Dr. Laura Niemi) is looking to hire a full-time (with benefits) Postdoctoral Fellow in the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. The term of appointment is for one year beginning approximately September 2018, with the possibility to extend for an additional year. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to contribute to the research program of the lab by conducting research involving novel applications of moral psychology findings and basic research on moral cognition. This includes contribution to ongoing projects at the intersection of political / social psychology and the psychology of language. A variety of research approaches are welcome, such as text analysis, field-based studies, in-lab and web-based experiments.
Applications are encouraged from those with:
- Expertise conducting research in a relevant field such as social psychology, moral psychology, and/or the psychology of language, acquired through PhD or post-doctoral experience.
- Team approach and leadership ability, as evidenced by collaborative research practices, ability to deliver open and constructive scholarly feedback, and an interest in helping guide start-up of the lab and its research program.
- Extensive know-how in research design, reproducible and transparent research practices, participant recruitment, data management, statistical analysis, and scientific writing, and an interest in mentoring junior lab members in these areas.
- Excellent follow-through, as evidenced by first-author publications.
Applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Postdoc Application [Last Name].
- Current CV
- Cover letter that describes their research interests and their relevance to lab’s research program
- Up to 2 publications
- List of three references
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on June 11, 2018 until the position is filled. Email with questions about the position (contact Name: Laura Niemi, Ph.D.; email: email@example.com). Location: St. George Campus, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto.